What is ApplyTexas?
ApplyTexas is similar to the Common App, but specifically for Texas schools. You can apply for admission to any Texas public university, participating community colleges, or participating private universities, and you can easily copy parts of your application to another Texas school so you can avoid having to do an entirely new application for each school.
Although each school has its own admission guidelines that you should follow, here’s generally what you need for a complete application:
- Complete application form
- High school transcript and college transcripts, if applicable
- ACT or SAT scores
- Extracurricular, volunteer, and employment information
- School-specific requirements, including essays
- Application fee or fee waiver
ApplyTexas also has the benefit of being able to apply directly for scholarships at participating universities. You can work on scholarship applications while you work on admissions applications simultaneously, so you can make sure that your applications work together and increase your chances of receiving a scholarship.
How Do You Apply with ApplyTexas?
- Go to Apply Texas
- Create an account and log in
- Select a school to apply to.
- Fill out the application. Save regularly, use the internal navigation features rather than your browser buttons, and be thorough in filling out the form.. – Pay close attention to school-specific requirements.
- Finish and submit.
Do you need help with your Apply Texas application? Sign up for an appointment in the Go Center today! See Ms. Parker in student services to schedule your appointment. Mentors from TWU are ready to help every Wednesday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.